Farm Stand Peaches 07.17.2013


Dammit these peaches are delicious!  And I know there are 10,000 things I could be doing with them (peach crisp, peach pie, peach jam, on and on and on) but I like most to wash them off and eat them.  The farm stand peach juiciness is a far cry from the hard-as-rocks peaches available at our local grocery, which I will not buy.

Every summer, farm stands crop up around our city and happiness abounds.  I usually pick up loads of peaches every week or so, but this summer has been a rush of activity and I just am getting around to making my first farm stand stop (shocking!).  I'll be going through these pretty quickly.  And possibly hiding them from the rest of the family.  Don't judge.

These peaches came from Twin Springs Fruit Farm in Ortanna, Pennsylvania, and the Twin Springs market schedule is HERE.  They have plenty of other fruits and vegetables, and bread from a Frederick, Maryland bakery.  I picked up a sliced loaf of the jalapeño bread -- just delicious! They had me at jalapeño.

Enjoy the peaches this summer...and happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment