Discovery: Savory Artisan Cookies by Carla Hall 08.28.2013



I made a quick stop at Whole Foods today picking up six pounds of chicken and there she was:  a woman sitting behind a folding table handing out little paper cups of petite cookies made by Carla Hall (a finalist on the fifth and eighth seasons of Top Chef, and chef and owner of Alchemy Caterers in Washington, DC).  My 4-year-old son was with me so obviously we had to try them (twice).  I can't even talk about the entire collection on display because only hours later, I am addicted to the cheddar pecan cookies.  Seriously addicted.

If you, like me, prefer savory over sweet, you're going to love these little bites.  Not to mention they are packaged perfectly for hostess gifts.  The various holidays are just around the corner, you know.  Ingredients:  premium flour, butter, sharp cheddar cheese, pecans, salt, cayenne -- and you do taste that cayenne at the end.  Nice.

You can buy Carla Hall's cookies online, or at Whole Foods and other stores (click HERE for locations).  

And Carla Hall has a cookbook, Cooking With Love.  I don't know about you, but when I see a recipe for Down Home Deviled Egg with Smoky Bacon, I owe it to humanity to make a tiny effort to try it out.

Happy noshing all!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for blogging about our little cookies. I'm sad, but kinda still glad, that we can provide a quality addiction for you. Lol

    ReplyDelete